Tuesday, November 19, 2013

The 3 S's for Women

As an educator and former 7th/8th grade science teacher, there was nothing more annoying than watching the smart girls act dumb.  I don't know why they would, but about half of my smart girls did. I also remember girls in high school who acted like they hated me for no reason and made fun of me.  I don't remember one of my female teammates ever telling me good job.  Women just didn't praise other women.
I enjoy seeing strong female characters in television and movies.  But what I absolutely adore are the real life women who are secure, strong, and smart!  The 3 S's!  At my last rock climbing competition, the 3S's were in full force.  Other women taking pictures of women climbing and promoting them, women cheering for other women to do well, and the general attitude of wanting others to succeed.  This is truly a beautiful thing. Websites like Climb On Sister and books like Women Who Dare inspire women to cheer for other women.
So get out there- go beyond yourself and cheer for someone else.  You might just find yourself enjoying yourself more, making new friends, and who knows- even accomplishing more than you thought you ever could!  Climb On!  Run On!  Swim On!  Bike On!  STAY PSYCHED! .... and go cheer for someone else!

No comments:

Post a Comment